To achieve this, Erie Arts & Culture works as a backbone organization, encouraging collaborations and aligned activities among providers of arts and culture, growing public will and participation, advocating for advances in public policy, helping to measure the health and impact of the sector and increasing annual and planned gifts to arts and culture through one of the 48 remaining United Art Funds in the US and the Erie Arts Endowment currently valued at $3.8M.
Marketing and Development Director
Position Summary:The Marketing and Development Director functions as lead in planning and implementing effective communications and development strategies. He/She provides programmatic direction and oversight to the marketing and development team. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Erie Arts & Culture’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The position is full-time, exempt.
Reports to: Executive Director
Objective:Build clarity and confidence in our organizational brand. Create and implement an effective plan for communications and development targeted to attract and develop donors, increase membership and engage the general public in the organization’s mission and services. Support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees in activities to develop financial resources for both the organization and the local arts and cultural sector.
Marketing Responsibilities:• Serve as an ambassador for the organization’s name and mission;
• Prepare and execute annual marketing plan and budget;
• Develop contacts to enable the organization to effectively promote its programs, services and events through various media channels;
• Work with staff and volunteers to:
o Promote organizational programs and events;
o Prepare and issue press releases and media alerts to inform the public about the organization’s programs, services and events;
o Manage the organization’s website and social media outlets;
o Create, edit and publish print and online content;
o Plan, execute and evaluate special events;
o Develop tools to collectively promote local arts and cultural activities and their impact;
o Other duties as assigned.
Development Responsibilities:Work closely with the Executive Director and volunteers to ensure the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development plan to increase annual and planned gifts to the organization:
• Assess current development strategies and identify opportunities for growth;
• Keep abreast of field and community trends and resources;
• Develop and adhere to development goals, timetables, infrastructure and budgets;
• Identify and assist with the classification of prospects and donors according to interests and giving potential;
• Recruit, train and support development volunteers to help implement and evaluate development strategies;
• Support Executive Director and volunteers in solicitation calls;
• Maintain up to date donor files and process donor/campaign reports utilizing Donor Perfect software;
• Work with Bookkeeper to process and reconcile donor pledges and gifts in a timely and accurate manner;
• Develop and implement a donor acknowledgement program;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:A successful candidate will have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and demonstrate the following:
• At least two years prior marketing and/or development experience in an advancement office, foundation and/or charitable nonprofit;
• Ability to handle fiscal information with sensitivity and integrity;
• Experience leading staff and/or volunteers and development/management of work flow processes;
• Experience in event planning, management and evaluation;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel); experience with donor development software;
• Experience with desktop publishing software (training in graphic design preferred);
• Experience in writing, editing and publishing;
• Experience in content development and website maintenance;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested in joining our team? Email your cover letter and resume (include salary requirements) to email@example.com by Noon (EST) on June 12, 2015.