ArtsErie to host free workshops in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, and Warren Counties to assist prospective applicants
ArtsErie announces the workshop schedule for the 2012 Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Project Stream grants. The PPA program provides opportunities for arts organizations, individual artists and community-based groups to apply for up to $3,000 in funding to support performances, exhibitions, and other arts projects that are presented to the public and take place between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013. Grant applications are due Friday, June 29, 2012. ArtsErie supports the program in Crawford, Erie, Mercer, Venango and Warren Counties.
The workshops are designed to provide detailed information on the program, and to guide prospective candidates through the application process. In addition to the PPA program, workshops in Erie County will also provide information on the ArtsErie grant programs due Wednesday, August 15, 2012.
ArtsErie PPA Grant Workshop Schedule:
- Corry: Thursday, May 24, 7 pm
Corry Higher Ed Council, 221 N. Center St., Corry
- Meadville: Tuesday, May 29, 5:30 pm
Meadville Council on the Arts, 910 Market St., Meadville
- Oil City: Wednesday, May 30, 4 pm
City Hall Council Chambers, 21 Seneca St., Oil City
- Erie: Tuesday, June 5, 5:30 pm
Cathedral of St. Paul, Downey Hall, 134 W. 7th St., Erie
- Sharon: Thursday, June 7, 5:30 pm
Shenango Area Chamber of Commerce, Founders Room, 41 Chestnut St., Sharon
- Warren: Monday, June 18, 7 pm (rescheduled from June 4)
Allegheny Center for the Arts, 217 Liberty St., Warren
Please contact ArtsErie at email@example.com or by phone at (814) 452-3427 to register for one of the workshops. All workshops are free and open to the public.
PPA Project Stream guidelines and grant applications will be available online at http://ppa.egrant.net. Applications must be submitted electronically through the eGrant system on or before Friday, June 29, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.
When You’ve Finished the Application:
- Review your application and click the Submit My Data button on or before Friday, June 29, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.
- Click on ‘Print PDF’ to generate a PDF file for printed copies of your application.
- Have the original signed in BLUE ink by an authorized representative.
- Submit the original and 1 copy of the application, 3-hole punched, to ArtsErie, 3 E. 4th Street, Erie, PA 16507-1426.
- Copies must be hand delivered by 4:30 PM on June 29, 2012 or postmarked by that date. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Read more information on our PPA grant page.
The PPA program is a partnership initiative between local arts organizations and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA), a state agency. State government funding for the arts comes through an annual appropriation by the Pennsylvania General Assembly and from the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. ArtsErie administers the PPA program in Northwestern Pennsylvania.
ArtsErie strives to nurture the arts and enrich the lives of the people of Northwestern Pennsylvania through leadership, financial support, education, and advocacy. Additional information about ArtsErie is available online at www.artserie.org.
About the PA Council on the Arts
The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts is a state agency under the Governor’s Office that works to foster the excellence, diversity and vitality of the arts in Pennsylvania and to broaden the availability and appreciation of those arts throughout the state. For more information on the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, visit www.pacouncilonthearts.org.